It’s important to implement a data recovery solution as part of a concise business continuity plan.
There once was a time where companies required steel filing cabinets to store information. That time is long gone. Today, most of the documents your employees rely on to make your business run properly are of the digital variety.
Document duplication, fire proof vaults, and off-site filing systems once were more prominent because that was the best way for companies to endure events where their data might be lost. All this extra storage was part of their business continuity plan. They knew that if a disaster ever struck, losing all of their work could be a fatal blow to their business.
Benefits of Managed Backup
- Peace of mind through minimum risks
- Optimal protection of investment in hardware and software
- Better budgeting planning through flexibility and scalability
- Adjustable balance between performance and costs
- Contributes to wider Business Continuity planning
- Reliable and secure
- IT support and advice included
- Minimum footprint in your business – remote management and monitoring
- Comprehensive cover – servers and workstations
Features of Cloud Backup
A cloud backup solution is perfect for those organisations who do not want to deal with the hardware on site or do not have the expertise to mange their backup data long term.
- Cloud backup does not require you to have a large expenditure on hardware and software. Payment is on a predictable monthly subscription model.
Restore available anywhere
- In a worst case scenario, you will be able to restore your information, files and systems to other locations, and this might save your business in unforeseen situations such as flood, fire or theft.
Different levels of backup
- You can decide whether to back up files, application data (such as Exchange email or SQL databases), or whole computer systems. This makes it quick and easy to restore your data – just what you need.
An automated process with support
- Once configured, backups take place automatically. Our team will monitor the backups 24/7 so if any issues arise they can be quickly resolved. If you need to restore data, then a quick call to our Service Desk will set everything in motion.
Many organisations still prefer to backup all their data internally and then ship it offsite on a portable media. This method is still very effective but does require some input from staff members on site. They need to make sure the correct media is being used and to make sure the used media is collected and store safely offsite.
- Backup media is delivered and collected
- Comfirm the backup jobs ran correctly
- Run updates on the backup software
- Update the backup hardware to keep up to date
At GG Technologies we can monitor and maintain your onsite backup solution, freeing up your onsite staff for more important tasks.